Dennys Brands is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected. This policy explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and the procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
1. The information we collect
We may collect and process data when you purchase from us either online, instore, on the phone or by email, enter a competition, request a catalogue, leave a review, connect via social media, request information or a quotation on a product, connect with us via live chat, create an account online, contact us with queries or complaints, if you complete a survey or book an appointment.
Information is provided when you register or use one of our websites, including but not limited to your computer’s IP address, your browser type and the pages of the website you have visited or location data, which your mobile device provides if you consent.
If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence
We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties
When you visit our stores or head office which usually have CCTV systems operated for the security of both customers and employees, these systems may record your image during your visit.
By submitting information to us, using our website or registering for services through the website, you:
2. How we use the information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- Certain personal information such as your name, postal and email address, telephone number(s), payment information and / or username will be required to fulfil your order;
- To provide you with the information, products and services you ask for, and honour any contract you have with us;
- For statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services;
- To personalise repeat visits to our website;
- To tell you about other products, services and special offers we think may be of interest to you (see section 4 below);
- To manage customer service queries;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To take advice and action in relation to the collection of debts;
- For detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- To enforce our terms and conditions of use including carrying out security reviews to validate your identity, age, contact details and financial information; or
- In any other way as described to you at the time of collection of your personal data.
3. Who will we share the information with?
We value your privacy and do not sell your information to any third parties under any circumstances.
We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- to agents, contractors and employees of Dennys Brands to fulfil your order requirements
- to mailing houses, our marketing agencies, sms/email systems provider and other distributors for the distribution of Dennys Brands information to you
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the event we sell or buy business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured by SSL encryption.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
4. When can we contact you in the future?
We would like to send you information about our own products and services. We may do this by post, telephone, email or SMS, unless you have told us that you do not wish to be contacted in this way. If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please send an email to email@example.com, call 01372 377904 or write to us at Dennys Brands, 128 Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7PU.
5. How long will we hold the information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
7. How can you access and update your information?
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some, or all of your personal information, please email or write to the address below.
Postal Address: Dennys Brands, 128 Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7PU
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.